We’re excited to have you join our community of volunteers! Please fill in the form below and our
Volunteer Community Manager will get in touch with you within 5 working days.
We don’t think it’ll happen, but emergencies can happen at any moment, so we need to know who we can contact on your behalf in situations of emergencies.
*Have you been medically diagnosed with any mental / physical condition(s) which could prevent you from competently and safely offering your service(s) as a volunteer?
*Are you a former or current staff of Care Corner?
*Have you been addicted to the use of alcohol or to habitual use of narcotics / other habit forming drugs?
*Do you have a criminal record in Singapore?
*Have you been charged with any offence in a court of law in any country for which the outcome is not yet known (excluding parking offences)?
By submitting this application and by participating as a volunteer, I, the undersigned (and parents of underage volunteers and all accompanying applicants in this form), affirm that I/we have read, understand and agree with the following:
1. I accept full responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the information and accompanying documents contained herein
and understand that any false or misleading information in, or in connection with my/our application, may be cause for rejection /
conclusion of voluntary service. As such, I also authorise Care Corner Singapore Ltd and Care Corner Seniors Services (collectively
known as “Care Corner”) to confirm the accuracy and completeness of the information by verifying any and all information
2. My/our involvement in Care Corner is solely on voluntary basis and shall not involve any form of remunerations, both in monetary
terms (e.g. allowance and reimbursement of expenses) as well as in kind (e.g. accommodations and loan of organizational assets), in
return for service(s) rendered, unless otherwise stated. My involvement in Care Corner is not intended to create any employment
3. Employment Pass, Work Permit Holders & Foreign Domestic Workers Only: I affirm that if my voluntary involvement with Care
Corner takes place during my working hours, (i) my employer has been informed, (ii) he/she consents to my involvement and will
continue to pay me during this time and (iii) I have printed out and retained a copy of this page. If requested by my employer, I
agree for Care Corner to provide confirmation of date(s), time(s) and hour(s) that I volunteered;
4. I/We understand that I/we may be required to undergo security screening prior to the confirmation and commencement of my/
our placement and also periodically during my/our assignment, as to be advised by Care Corner. I/We hereby allow Care Corner to
do the necessary to use and disclose my details to relevant government bodies for screening;
5. I/We recognise and accept that participation in such activities involve certain amount of risks, both foreseeable and
unforeseeable. Whilst all due care is taken by Care Corner to manage and minimise risks, I do undertake to release and discharge
Care Corner, its staff, volunteers, beneficiaries, partners, or any other servants or agents from all liabilities, claims, costs, charges
and expenses, for any accident, injury, loss or damage (herein collectively referred to as “risk incidents”) (whether directly or
indirectly by and/or to myself/other person(s)/other organisation(s)) that may occur in the course of, or as a result of participating in
such activities. In the event of any risk incidents, I agree to inform Care Corner and the organisers immediately and assist with any
incident inquiry as may be necessary, as determined by Care Corner;
6. I/We agree to be subjected to a period of probation, to ensure that there is a match between me and accompanying applicants to my/our volunteer assignment;
7. Care Corner reserves the right to reject an application / change the placement of a volunteer (in consultation with the volunteer),
should it deem that there is no fit or if Care Corner evaluates that he/she might be better able to contribute to the care of
beneficiaries via other means. Failing which, the services may be concluded;
8. I/We will abide by the policies and procedures set forth by Care Corner (including the Code of Volunteer Partnership), which
guides the work of the staff and volunteers in their work with the beneficiaries. When in doubt, I/we will refer to the Volunteer
Development & Partnership staff or respective staff for clarifications;
9. I/We also recognise that, while the work of Care Corner involves a wide range of people from all walks of life, fields of work and
faith groups, Care Corner is a Voluntary Welfare Organisation (VWO), guided by Christian values and principles. As such, I/we agree
that I/we will respect the various guiding principles, values and Code of Conduct of this organisation;
10. I agree not to expose Care Corner to any civil or criminal proceedings, nor violate or infringe the rights of any third party, nor
give rise to any claim whatsoever. In the event that I breach the aforesaid, I undertake to assume all liability in any such claim(s) or
11. I/We allow Care Corner to take, record and use my/our photo, name, likeness, image, voice, interview for its publications,
including but not limited to, Annual Reports, Website(s) and other publicity / publication materials, to help Care Corner further its
caring work among the community.
13. I/We have read, understood and agree to abide and be bound by Care Corner’s Code of Conduct on Information Technology for
Volunteers, as at the following link (link) (the “Care Corner Code of Conduct on Information Technology for Volunteers”).
For volunteers below 18 years of age, you will be required to obtain the consent of your parent/guardian with their signature on this form (which you can print out later) prior to commencing your volunteer assignment.