About this Activity
Senior Care Centres provide full day programmes for seniors that require more social support in their lives. By being a Volunteer Driver, you will be reaching out to these seniors and transporting them to these centres, playing a part in improving their social, mental, and physical wellbeing!
Address: Care Corner Senior Care Centre (Toa Payoh West @ Blk 131 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01-01, Singapore 310131)
- Be physically able to help senior up and down transport
- Be able to speak Mandarin (preferably) as most of the seniors are Chinese speaking
- Possess a valid Class 3/3A Singapore driving license with no history of serious cases of driving offences
Volunteers will be expected to:
- Pick seniors from the void deck of their blocks (AM shift)
- Drop seniors off at the void deck of their blocks (PM shift)
- Assist the seniors up and down the transport and take temperature of the seniors.
Starting in September for a period as long as the volunteer can commit. A period of 3 months minimally is preferred.
Upon confirmation, volunteer will work with the centre manager on which date/time slots to take on.
The centre will be providing a quick training on the tasks required and will provide necessary resources for the role.
Volunteers can choose from the following shift timings:
AM shift – 0700hrs to 1030hrs
PM shift 1 – 1200hrs to 1430hrs
PM shift 2 – 1445hrs to 1700hrs
Driver for Seniors @ Senior Care Centre Toa Payoh West
Fri, 01 Sep 2023 to Sun, 31 Dec 2023
Blk 131 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01-01, Singapore, Singapore, 310131
Required day(s): Weekday
Site Condition: Non-Airconditioned, Onsite, Outdoor
Volunteer Role Category: Programme-Based Support
No. of Volunteers Required: 6 Volunteers
Planned Commitment Level: Regular
Other Skills to Share?
We are happy to help you find ways to give back to the community and create lasting impact.GET IN TOUCH