- Personal Data
- "Personal Data" refers to any data, or information about an individual from which one can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. Examples of such Personal Data include: Name, NRIC, passport or other identification number(s), telephone number(s), mailing address, e-mail address, photograph(s), and other information relating to an individual.
- In line with the PDPA Act 2012, publicly available information on individuals and Business Contact Information ('BCI') will not be considered 'Personal Data'.
- Purposes for which the Personal Data are Collected and Used
- The Personal Data you have provided may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding your enquiries;
- To process and administer any services or products requested by you;
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To facilitate the collection of donations or for payment for products and services provided by Care Corner;
- To generate financial, regulatory, management or other related reports and performance analytics for the purpose of assessment, training, learning purposes, and/or research involving staff, clients, volunteers and/or participants;
- For funding and subsidy support (where applicable) from donors and sponsors for the purpose of ensuring sufficient funds to sustain Care Corner operations in meeting our mission objectives;
- For internal and external publicity purposes in mediums such as printed newsletters, brochures, flyers, posters, banners, calendars, electronic publications, websites and social media platforms (including, but not limited to, photographs and audio/video recordings during Care Corner events);
- To meet or comply with Care Corner's internal policies and procedures and any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice, or guidelines, orders or requests issued by any court, legal or regulatory body;
- To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Singapore;
- To be shared across other help-agencies to serve you better in terms of inter-agency service delivery and coordination, and for data analysis and research purposes;
- For marketing, promotional and relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on our new services and programmes, volunteer opportunities, fund-raising projects, training courses, or other initiatives as undertaken or which involves our organisation;
- To maintain the security of the Centre's premises;
- To handle feedback or complaints;
- Your Personal Data shall be kept confidential. However, in order to carry out the purposes listed above, your Personal Data may be disclosed to affiliated Care Corner centres and/or Care Corner authorised third parties. When doing so, Care Corner will require that your Personal Data so disclosed be kept confidential and secure at all times by the third party (or third parties) who have been thus engaged.
- We may from time to time use aggregate non-identifying information (including, but not limited to, photographs and audio/video recordings during Care Corner events) of our clients, volunteers and participants in our publication material (including print and non-print mediums) for the purpose of promoting and creating of awareness of our mission and services offered for the benefit of the community.
- Collection of Your Personal Data from Other Sources
- We may also collect from sources other than yourself, Personal Data about you for one or more of the above Purposes, and therefore use, disclose and/or process such Personal Data for one or more of the above purposes.
- By providing your Personal Data and/or Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children, parents, other members of your family, or in the case of a corporate collaboration with Care Corner – information of your colleagues or employees) to us, you:
- Consent to Care Corner to collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data for the Purposes as described above;
- Represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the Purposes as described above;
- Represent and warrant that you are the user and/or subscriber of the telephone number(s) provided by you to use, and that you have read and understood the above provisions.
- Collection and Use of Personal Data Without Consent - In the Interest of the Individual and in Cases of Emergency
- Care Corner may collect, use or disclose your Personal Data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- It is necessary for any purpose that is clearly in your interest and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- It is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- It is necessary in the national interest;
- The personal data is publicly available;
- It is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- It is required based on the applicable laws and/or regulations.
- Accurate and Complete Information
- As Care Corner relies on your Personal Data to provide services to you, you shall ensure, at all times, that the information provided by you is correct, accurate and complete. You shall update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to us.
This may be done by contacting the Care Corner centre with which you had provided your Personal Data to, or by writing in to the Data Protection Officer ('DPO') (see Point 12).
- Correction, Access or Withdrawal of Personal Data
- You may contact the DPO for one or more of the following purposes:
- Request for amendments to your data on the basis that the Personal Data collected or maintained by Care Corner is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request to access Personal Data (which may entail an administrative fee);
- Withdraw* Consent to any use or disclosure of Personal Data (click >> Withdrawal Personal Data Form);
- If you withdraw* your consent to any or all purposes and depending on the nature of your request, Care Corner may not be in a position to continue to provide our products and services to you. Withdrawal of your consent or any key information may affect our ability to deliver the full scope of our services and may be considered a termination of any contractual relationship which you may have with us.
*Note: Withdrawal of Consent applies only to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data. It does not apply to the retention of your Personal Data where the purposes for which it was collected remains valid, and Care Corner is required to retain such data for legal or business purposes (see Point 11 on Retention of Data).
- Links to Other Sites
- Our website may contain hyperlinks to other websites that are not operated by Care Corner but are given for your convenience and reference only. The provision of these hyperlinks do not imply that we endorse the contents or any of the programs and activities found on these websites. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their personal data and privacy practices.
- Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
- We do not sell, rent, lend or exchange your Personal Data to/with any third party. However, we may disclose and transfer Personal Data to and jointly use Personal Data with our business associates, service providers, and other persons who we consider appropriate, in connection with the services and products provided to or requested by you.
- The entities with whom we may share your Personal Data include but are not limited to:
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, training, distribution, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Care Corner;
- Government or non-government authorities, agencies and/or regulators;
- Medical professionals, insurers and clinics/hospitals.
- We will require the entities above to ensure that the Personal Data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.
- Should there be any changes to this policy, we will post on our website these changes with the effective date of the changed policy.
- Withdrawal from Direct Marketing
- If you do not wish to receive our newsletters (electronic or hard copies), information about our programmes or promotions about our products and services, you may opt out at any time by writing to the DPO (see Point 12).
- Retention of Data
- Your Personal Data will be retained and stored to the extent one or more of the purposes for which it was collected remains valid, and for legal or business purposes for which retention may, or is deemed to be necessary.
- Data Protection Officer ('DPO')
- The Data Protection Officer may be contacted at the following mailing and electronic mailing address:
- Via postal mail:
The Data Protection Officer
Corporate Services Department
Care Corner Singapore Ltd
8 New Industrial Road #06-03
- Via electronic mail: email@example.com